Are the kids off at college? Are you tired of all that extra real estate maintenance?
There are many reasons for considering downsizing your home:
- You want to move to be closer to friends and family.
- You no longer need the space after the kids have left.
- You want to buy a condo to escape chores and maintenance.
Before you decide to downsize, consider the following:
- Decide whether you are ready to move and when you want to move.
- Have your home appraised to determine the potential proceeds from a sale.
- Start looking for opportunities to relocate or buy a smaller home.
- Research locations of active adult retirement communities.
- Estimate how much you can save in reduced housing costs and how much money you should spend.
- Research possible additions to ease life in your current home, such as an elevator or ADU (accessory dwelling unit).
Contact Us to schedule a free consultation. Whether buying or selling a home, we are always happy to meet with you to discuss your wants and needs with no obligation.