Five Questions to Ask Your Real Estate Agent
Not all real estate agents are the same!
Interviewing several agents before selecting one is always a good idea. However, knowing what to ask in the interview can be challenging. Here are some questions that can help you qualify the best agent to help you achieve your real estate goals.
1. Can you send me some information about yourself? Look for professionalism and consistency. What are their accomplishments? See how they approach their work. Ask about their team's dynamic and actions if they're a newer agent.
2. How long have you been in real estate? While longevity is necessary, the number of transactions they close or are involved in is even more telling. So feel free to ask: "How many homes have you sold in this area?"
3. What will you do to keep me informed? Will the agent be able to meet your expectations? First, determine how much communication you want, and then find an agent who will give you the attention and time you deserve.
4. Can you provide me with further resources I may need? From market reports and pricing trends to school performance and crime statistics, top agents should have resources or know where to find them.
5. Seller only: Can you share your plan to market my property? Many agents will put your home in the MLS and wait for it to sell. An excellent agent should have a detailed plan of how to get your home exposure on social media, to their local networks, and more.
Our five questions to ask your Realtor help ensure you work with the best possible agent. Armed with that information, you're ready to start interviewing agents.
Related article: Five Attributes of an Amazing Agent
We'd love an opportunity to win your business. Schedule a free consultation today to discover how true market experts can help you achieve your real estate goals!
Eric Slifkin, Team Lead
Your local real estate expert
Are you seeking a home that suits your lifestyle, community, and neighborhood needs? Eric offers home buyers a turn-key approach to finding, purchasing, or selling real estate from the Treasure Coast to the Palm Beaches and beyond with his team.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Whether buying or selling a home on the Treasure Coast, we are always happy to meet with you to discuss your wants and needs with no obligation.