When it comes to property investment, timing is everything. Ultimately, choosing the right time to enter the market will significantly impact your investment's long-term success.
But how can you as an investor know whether the timing is right? Global property portal Lamudi has compiled a list of 10 tell-tale signs that now is the time to start building your investment portfolio.
1. You are financially ready. You have saved enough for the down payment, and you have also established your emergency fund. You have taken into account home maintenance expenses. Your credit history is good, and you can meet all the financial obligations.
2. You have set your long-term goals. You have a clear picture in your mind of your investment's purpose, and you are flexible enough to adjust to changing circumstances. You are not hesitant, and when the timing is right, you can adapt to the market needs and the development of technologies.
3. You have done your research. You know your future property's neighborhood well enough to foresee the coming trends and possible community changes. You have researched all the schools in the area and the best commuting means, and you can predict the next homebuyers needs.
4. You have chosen a stable economy. The area is financially stable, economic trends are promising, and equities are surging. No demographic fluctuation or irregular variation of the population has been recorded in the area.
5. You understand the country’s policies regarding real estate. The region's policies promote and encourage a positive, innovative environment and drive further economic growth. The tax policy in the country is positive for homeowners. The global innovation index is rising in the area.
6. Infrastructure projects are underway and likely to lead to an increase in property values. The area's infrastructure is being developed to focus on transport, energy, solid waste, and water management developments.
7. The region is moving toward sustainable development. The region’s awareness of global and local environmental issues increases and the demand for eco-friendly homes and sustainable rural and urban development is rising. As more and more people head toward sustainable living, investing in sustainable property will increase its value in the future.
8. The location draws a lot of interest. Whether it is the best travel destination or the hot jobs spot, the location is always on the top of the search engine. It has become a successful startup hub already or is planning to do so in the coming years, driving many job seekers into the area. The number of enrolled students is increasing every year; the area draws interest in international students.
9. You have found a reliable real estate agent. If you are an overseas buyer, it is particularly crucial to make sure you have a good representative on the ground. Your real estate agent is trustworthy and knows the local market well enough to help you make a choice.
10. You have researched local differences in the property market. Whether you plan to invest in residential property and turn it into a rental or office space, you are fully aware of all cultural differences that might occur when dealing with a property seller.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2015. All rights reserved.
Eric Slifkin, Team Lead
Your local real estate expert
Are you seeking a home that suits your lifestyle, community, and neighborhood needs? With his team, Eric offers home buyers a turn-key approach to finding and purchasing real estate from the Treasure Coast to the Palm Beaches and beyond.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Whether buying or selling a home on the Treasure Coast, we are always happy to meet with you to discuss your wants and needs, with no obligation.